Delegates will hear from a number of industry experts on the potential for antique and higher value pawns, how to value high end watches, legislative changes and their impact on the industry, as well as updates on the auction, gold and precious metal markets. The prestigious NPA Awards Dinner and NSPCC Charity Auction will be held in the evening, following the conference.
NPA Chief Executive, Ray Perry, said:
‘Despite recent drops in the value of gold the pawnbroking industry continues to grow by expanding into new areas such as classic cars and high value watches and stepping in to help both individuals and small businesses with their cash flow needs as bank lending to business fails to deliver.’
‘The pawnbroking industry will be facing a number of changes as a new legislative regime is introduced in 2014. Delegates will have the opportunity to understand how this will impact on their business and what steps they need to take to ensure they can continue to meet customer needs.’
Book online at www.thenpa.com or contact email@example.com
Notes for Editors:
The 2013 NPA Conference and Awards will take place on 11 October 2013 at the Riverbank Park Plaza, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TJ.
NPA Conference speakers include:
- Eric Knowles - star of ‘BBC Antiques Roadshow’, ‘Put your money where your mouth is’, and ‘Antique Master’ with Sandi Toksvig.
- The Head of Consumer Credit, FCA - will discuss the new regime in 2014 and update conference attendees on their recent research and likely changes.
- Haywood Milton, Rolex specialist - Rolex Opportunities, Pitfalls and Guidance for Pawnbrokers.
- Prestige Pawnbrokers - case study on an innovative approach to building a high value pawn business by Mark Fielding.
- Stephen Whittaker, Fellows & Co - market update from an auctioneers perspective.
- Michael Allchin, Birmingham Assay Office - an update on the gold and precious metal markets.
NPA Awards Dinner:
The evening starts with a Champagne Reception at 6.30pm with the ‘Black Tie’ Dinner and Awards Ceremony commencing at 7.30pm, followed by NSPCC charity auction, after-dinner speech by Eric Knowles, live bands ‘Juan More’ plus ‘The Convicted’. Guests will take home a complementary photograph.
In Association with:
Fellows & Sons, Western Union, The Money Shop, WJ Edwards, White Pine, Cashbrokers, T H March, Bransoms, Birmingham Assay Office, Nathan & Co, Retail Systems, Gerrards, H. Milton-Rolex Specialist, H&T, The Gold Emporium, Cash Generators, Cash Converters, TGS Pawnbrokers.