Two Day Certified Course
Who is it for?
For all those who are new to Pawnbroking and anyone looking to refresh their knowledge. The only course of its type tailored specifically for Pawnbrokers and exclusive to the National Pawnbrokers Association.
What is it about?
This course promotes the values of the modern Pawnbroker by ensuring they possess the knowledge and skills to confidently provide a competitive service. This course will teach you the legal requirements and day to day practices to ensure things turn out right. Help you achieve a competitive edge in a growing industry.
You will learn how to test jewellery and differentiate between precious and non-precious metals. The skills you learn on this course will improve your confidence in the work place.
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the aims and objectives of pawnbroking
- Know the attributes of a good pawnbroker
- Be aware of the legal requirements when pawnbroking
- Understand the importance of the pawn contract
- Know the importance of meeting the customer’s needs
- Be aware of safety and practiced test methods for precious metals
- Be aware of techniques used for non-precious items
- Be aware of the guidelines for safe storage of customers goods
- Be aware of methods and types of disposition
- Agree self development objectives
What will I get out of it?
- Improved understanding of the Pawnbroking industry
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of the modern Pawnbroker
- Understand the relationship between the Customer and the Pawnbroker
- Practical skills for testing all precious metals, essential when assessing the loan
- Practical advice on setting effective personal and business objectives
- Ways to ensure future success by getting the edge
How will the course be structured?
You may complete the course over two consecutive days or on individual days to meet your business needs. However, places cannot be guaranteed for the second day when the course competency tests take place leading to the course certificate.
The Course Tutor
Ken Vaughan has spent over 30 years in the retail jewellery and pawnbroking industries allowing him to gain a wide knowledge in all aspects of both. Throughout his career he has been responsible for training, developing both induction and skill based courses for staff and management. Now the owner of KV Training Consultancy developing practical skill courses in retail and management techniques. He takes every opportunity to ensure courses are participative, enjoyable and above all achieve their objectives. “Everyone attending my courses has the potential to grow; my job is to help them achieve that potential in an enjoyable and relaxed environment”.
The National Association of Pawnbrokers will award a Certificate of Accreditation on successful completion of the course competency tests.
To book a place contact email@example.com