This one day interactive training course takes an in depth look at some of the most important coloured stones used in jewellery, including sapphires, rubies, emeralds and tanzanite.
One Day Course
This one day interactive training course takes an in depth look at some of the most important coloured stones used in jewellery, including sapphires, rubies, emeralds and tanzanite. Delegates will gain a good commercial understanding of these stones and the key selling points for each one. A practical session looking at gemstones will give participants greater confidence in identifying coloured stones and their imitations. This course is an excellent refresher for those with some experience, or a good starting point for delegates who are new to assessing or selling coloured gemstones. The course provides 6 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity.
- A brief look at how gemstones form in the earth
Mining & sources
- Where gemstones are found and how they are mined
- A practical look at some natural crystals and the key features that help us identify them
Practical session on precious and semiprecious stones
- Delegates will examine some of the most popular gemstones used in jewellery and will learn about the individual properties that help in their identification, before comparing these stones with imitations
Synthetics & treatments
- A discussion of potential treatments that could have been carried out on gemstones and possible synthetics
- What coloured stones are likely to be certificated and why
Care of gemstones
How to care for gemstones and how to advise consumers to look after their gemstones
COURSE TUTOR - MARIE CHALMERS, FGA DGA
Marie has an in depth knowledge of diamonds and her expertise is based on personal experience and commercial application of sound technical and theoretical knowledge. Marie has trained and worked in Antwerp, India, Israel and the UK’s diamond markets. She has bought and sold diamonds in various shapes and sizes, in large volumes and single items and in all colours and qualities. Marie has a broad understanding of the retail environment and how diamond knowledge can be used to increase sales. Her training style is factual and straightforward and always geared towards the commercial rather than the text book environment. Previous training undertaken by retailers has resulted in significant increases in diamond sales.
£265 + VAT per delegate. Maximum of 4 delegates.
To book a place contact email@example.com or visit www.anchorcertacademy.com to book directly.